Having beautiful rosy lips are everyone’s desire. It does not only beautify your overall look also is a sign that your lips are healthy. But due to various reasons from pollution to harsh cosmetics, lips tend to turn dark and lose their natural goodness over time.
Also, lips hold an annoying habit of getting dry, flaky, and chapped. It is really very painful and unattractive. However, it’s also easy to get rid of. With simple remedies and care, you can easily lighten your lips, make them soft and pink.
Moisturize and Exfoliate Your Lips Regularly
Sun rays, pollution, temperature, everything affect our lips and can dry them out. Protect your rosy lips every day by using a good quality moisturizing lip balm. Lip balm works like a thin barrier between your lips and the rest of the world. You can also use Vaseline, it is great in providing your lips required hydration.
Vaseline creates a protective layer on your lips and penetrates deep to boost the natural process of renewal. Never cover your dry, cracked lips. Exfoliate them with a mixture of sugar and honey. You just need to apply the mixture and scrub and then rinse them.
Another option you can exfoliate with a toothbrush or a damp washcloth. You need to simply scrub the toothbrush or washcloth in gentle circles on your lips to smooth your lips and remove the dead skin.
Besides, a lips scrub is also a good option. Always go for a gentle and high-quality lip scrub. Make sure your lip scrub does not contain any unnecessary irritating plumping agents.
Choose and Use Lipstick Smartly
Lipsticks are a mixture of oils, wax, pigments, alcohols, and other chemicals. Chemicals can result in harmful effects when used for a long time. Here you need to be extra careful, use lipsticks only when you need it. Buy lipsticks that contain Shea butter, Vitamin E, jojoba oil, etc that moisturize your lips. If you are confused in selecting the right lipstick brand, check here the top 10 lipstick brands in India.
Extra Care at home
There are various home remedies and tips that you can try and get a good result about your rosy lips and you can solve your hair problems at home at a low cost. Here are a few tips about take care of your lips at home and by home remedies:
- Dry lips make thin skin on the lips crack and can leave a mark. When it comes to keeping your lips moist and alluring, water is the best option. Go only for normal water and try to avoid those colored drinks coffee, tea, and juices, they leave stains on your lips.
- Like the rest of your skin, your lips also need protection from the harmful sun’s rays. Sun exposure can lead to darker lips and cause them to dry out as mentioned earlier. Go for a lip balm with an SPF of 15 or higher to protect your lips. For better care, wear a wide-brimmed hat to shade your face.
- If you are habitual of licking your lips a lot, when you get nervous or even otherwise, let me tell you it badly affects your lips! In the beginning, it provides some relief and may not look as a serious issue. But it can cause your lips to become really dry, trapping you in a vicious cycle. So try to change this habit ASAP. Use vitamin E capsules daily for your lips. Vitamin E boosts circulation and also helps in making new skin cells. To use this, you simply need to cut one open and apply the product right to your lips.
- Smoking does not only harm your internal health but also makes lips black. So if you are a smoker, try to avoid it as much as possible. Also, reduce your caffeine consumption.
- Make a thick paste of turmeric and milk and apply the mixture on your lips for five minutes and then wash off with water. This turmeric-milk pack would lighten and soften your lips and make them healthy.
- Aloe Vera is penance for skincare. You just need to gently massage with aloe vera; it would cool, soothes, and hydrates your lips.
- Cucumber mainly contains water that helps keep lips hydrated. Also, it is a rich source of Vitamin C that works amazingly in collagen production hence, helping rips lips of dry, dead skin.
So these are options when you are looking at how to make your lips beautiful. But apart from these preventive measures, your lips still need care. If you have tried all the home remedies but they are not effective, then visit your doctor. Don’t make too late, have checkups whenever you feel.
Keep these simple and effective tips in mind to take care of your lips and keep them healthy and soft. I hope you like guidance on how to make your lips beautiful. If you have any suggestions or doubts, feel free to comment.